Pricing (08 Feb 2009)
for equipment and camera operator while on location (whether filming, or just waiting).
Plus additional crew.
Plus any transportation and/or other expenses.
Does not include cost of blank tapes.
Minimum 3 hour booking period.
- Professional, genlockable,
with dockable AG-7450 S-VHS/VHS recorder (camera can be used independent of a
- Mains power supply or three 12 Volt battery packs (they last
for approximately two hours each).
- Tripod with ground-level spider spreader or spider-dolly.
- RØDE SM5
microphone shockmount on the camera's microphone clamp (not
- Three Nakamichi CM300
microphones (9 Volt battery powered, all with omni- or uni-directional
capsules, and two have super-directional capsules).
- Nady wireless tie-clip microphone with receiver (both 9 Volt
- 500/1000 Watt floodlight (not camera mounted).
Other equipment can be included.
- Depending on what and where you intend to film, you may need to obtain
- Be sure to outline your requirements. I don't bring
everything along, only what seems necessary for a particular job.
Conversely, some jobs will require more than what's included in this fee,
such as a sound operator, or other assistants, and usually includes
transportation costs. This is a starting
point, it doesn't mean that all filming can be done for this hourly fee.
- I also offer my services as a cameraman to operate other people's
equipment, for a lesser rate.
- Customers are advised to read the information about video taping
productions, to be aware of the issues that can be involved,
particularly when live performances are to be recorded. And the
page about planning, filming,
and editing productions if the job is about producing a video, rather
than just hiring a camera.
- All video work requires editing, there's
nothing that you'll have watched that hasn't been edited in some
way. Raw un-edited material will contain many things that you do
not want to watch. In general, we do not film something and give a
client un-edited material, unless they're going to do the
post-production work, themselves.
- We also do multiple-camera
filming, either live mixed (preferred, because it produces the best
results), or post-production editing of
recordings from individual cameras.